In case you don’t know, college football is a SERIOUS event at my house. We plan our weekends around big games. Actually, we spend the majority of Saturdays hosting football parties. Unless there is a big Buckeye game on. Then my husband INSISTS we watch the game alone. Preferably him on the big screen and the kids and I in another room.
He sounds a bit like a crazy fan don’t ya think?! But I married the man that way, and even though I did not grow up with a love of college football–I have one now. He has rubbed off on me. Well that and the fact we have lived in the south for more than a decade where football seems more important than just about anything.
One thing I have ALWAYS loved about football is the food. I know you all are nodding your heads right now! You are thinking about Cheesy Taco Dip, Smoky Jalapeno Poppers, and Chicken Wings aren’t ya?
I thought so.
Yep, you can tell where my team alliance is, can’t ya? But seriously, even if I was a Michigan fan, I would be all about this dip–hello Chocolate Peanut Butter Perfection!!
And it is only 5 ingredients (and healthy ingredients to boot)–so I can be in and out of the kitchen so fast, my husband won’t even complain about the noise I am making when he is watching his beloved sport.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup creamy, natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients together. Chill for 1 hour for maxiumum flavor, but can eat right away.
- Serve pretzels, crackers, cookies, or fruit.
Seriously–you all MUST try this dip. Even my husband can be consoled from a loss with a bowl of this dip. Okay, scratch that, that was a lie. I don’t think anything gets him over a loss, but that is his problem. Buckeye Dip gets me out of the worst of funks, that is for sure.
For more ideas for foods suited for Game Day Eats:
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Reply To: 09-04-16 Easy Football Food Ideas for Game Day – Final HTML