This homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix is a simple blend of pantry ingredients that taste just like Lipton Onion Soup Mix. This homemade dry onion soup mix will become a staple in your pantry and is great for a variety of recipes.
Growing up, my mom always had Lipton Onion Soup Mix in her pantry.
This dried blend of seasonings was just what a variety of recipes called for to enhance flavor.
I use Dry Onion Soup Mix in my own kitchen now. But instead of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, I make my own.
Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix
By making your own version of Lipton Onion Soup, you save money AND skip all those nasty preservatives and additives like MSG added to the store bought brands.
Plus homemade dry onion soup is gluten-free, paleo, whole 30 approved, egg free, corn free, and vegan.
Making Homemade Onion Soup Mix perfect for anyone who has dietary restrictions, but still wants the flavor punch that a packet of dried onion soup packs!
Ingredients for Copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Dried Onion Flakes
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Celery Powder
Use Dry Onion Soup Mix for:
- rice (add a tablespoon or two while cooking for incredible flavor)
- Pot Roasts
- marinades for meats or vegetables before grilling/roasting
- french onion soup
- chip dip
Recipe for Copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Dry Onion Soup Mix
- ½ cup dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp celery powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine and store in airtight container.
- Dry onion soup mix can be stored in pantry for up to 3 months for best flavor.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 months.
- This recipe yield 2 packets of Dried Onion Soup.
- When a recipe calls for 1 packet of Dried Onion Soup mix, use 1/4 cup of this homemade blend.