In the mood for chili? From tried-and-true classics to new favorites, you will want to try every single one of these award-winning chili recipes!
Whether you are in the mood for beef chili, chicken chili, or a hearty vegetarian chili, these are tried-and-true chili recipes that will leave you satisfied and may even bring home a blue ribbon or two!
The Best Chili Recipes
From tailgating to potluck dinners to trick-or-treating to a chilly evening at home, there's nothing more satisfying or comforting than a bowl of chili. Grab a bowl and cozy up!
Crockpot Chili is the ultimate set-it-and-forget-it dinner recipe! This classic beef and bean chili is cooked low and slow with an award-winning chili seasoning allowing it to develop maximum flavor with minimal effort.
The cooking process has been sped up in this recipe for classic chili, but the flavor is not compromised. In fact, this recipe for chili proves that you can develop insanely rich flavors in a relatively short amount when using an electric pressure cooker. It is almost magical.
This hands-off crockpot chili is thickened with the liquid in canned beans, giving it a deceptively creamy texture. No one will guess this chili recipe has been significantly lightened up!
From the diced green chiles to the earthy cumin to the rich creamy broth, this chili recipe is packed with flavor, yet not overly spicy! Even the little kids will lick their bowls clean.
This Tex-Mex Chicken Chili uses economical ingredients to deliver a knock-out meal! And not only is this chili recipe affordable and delicious, but it is also so easy to make!
This taco chili is a dump-and-cook recipe that delivers intense flavor with minimal effort. There is no need to saute anything and it can be prepared using fresh or frozen chicken. Chili doesn't get much easier (or flavorful) than this!
Are you craving a cozy bowl of chili that will leave you satisfied without weighing you down? Sweet Potato Chili is the answer! This simple chili recipe comes together in under 30 minutes, yet the flavor is unbelievably good!
Thick, hearty, and bursting with plant protein, this hearty vegetarian chili comes together fast thanks to the Instant Pot.
9. Lentil Chili
Chili is known to take hours to develop a rich flavor. But that's not the case with this chili recipe! This affordable, protein-packed, fiber-rich, smokey Lentil Chili comes together in 30 minutes!
The addition of red wine and balsamic vinegar transforms inexpensive ingredients into a 5-star chili recipe!
The addition of butternut squash adds a sweet, earthy flavor to this vegetarian chili recipe, helping it strike the perfect balance between sweet and spicy and making it irresistibly good.
∗ Tips for The Best Chili ∗
Regardless of which chili recipe you opt to make, you want to keep in mind a few universal truths when it comes to making an award-winning chili.
- Make Your Own Chili Seasoning. The very best way to take any type of chili to the next level is to make your own blend of spices. This will allow you to control the sodium, spice, and flavor, and leave additives on the shelf. Whether you start with my award-winning chili seasoning or make a Tex-Mex chili using taco seasoning, for the best-tasting chili, don't turn to a pre-made mix.
- Add a Secret Ingredient. After browsing these chili recipes, you may notice that each recipe has a secret or unexpected ingredient. Ingredients like beer, wine, coffee, Worcestershire sauce, and cocoa powder, add a rich depth to chili. And sometimes the answer is fresh lime juice or vinegar to really bring the flavors together.
- Develop the Flavor. Chili needs time to develop rich, memorable flavors. While the Instant Pot can speed up the processor, don't try to cut back on cooking time. Your tastebuds will thank you.
- Finish Strong. The best bowl of chili is even better when you add toppings. Serve with shredded cheese, diced avocado, minced onions, pickled jalapenos, tortilla chips, sour cream, fresh herbs, and/or a side of cornbread. Use the toppings as a time to add additional flavor and texture.
- Leftover Chili is EVEN Better. A well-prepared chili is delicious and served immediately after preparation. However, the flavors in chili continue to intensify as it cools. Served warmed up or over Instant Pot baked potatoes, you don't want to let those leftovers go to waste.