Italian Roasted Vegetables: Root vegetables are roasted with olive oil and garlic and topped with tomato sauce and vine-ripened tomatoes. A hearty side dish or perfect meatless meal.
I feel like for me, coming up with main dishes is easy, but sometimes, the sides get overlooked.
It is easy to steam a bag of veggies or toss a salad and serve with Homemade ranch dressing and call it a day.
But these Baked Vegetables with tomatoes is one of the easiest and tastiest side dishes out there.
Roasted Italian Vegetables
This easy dish of oven baked vegetables is company worthy! It is pot-luck worthy! It is take to your neighbor who just had a baby worthy! It also makes a wonderful vegetarian main dish or great lunch option.
A combination of root vegetables roasted with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Topped with homemade marinara sauce, fresh sliced tomatoes and finished with some sharp Parmesan cheese.
Baked vegetables are taken to a whole new level in this simple Vegetable Casserole.
How to Make Italian Baked Vegetables
Step One: Prepare the Vegetables
- Wash and dry vegetables.
- Cut vegetables into 1 inch cubes.
Step Two: Season Vegetables
- Toss Vegetables with olive oil and seasonings.
Step Three: Top with Marinara
- Place vegetables in casserole dish.
- Cover with marinara.
- Top with sliced tomatoes (if using)
Step Four: Bake Vegetables
Step Five: Serve
- Serve with Parmesan Cheese, if desired.
Modifications for Italian Baked Vegetables
Remember to always use what you have and what your family loves.
- Leave out the garlic if you are not a fan.
- Use any root vegetable you have or like–just be sure to cut into 1 inch cubes.
- If you don’t have fresh tomatoes, just use the tomato sauce.
- To keep this Paleo, omit russet potatoes and replace with additional carrots or sweet potatoes.
- To make this a Vegan Vegetable Bake, omit the Parmesan Cheese.
More Delicious Side Dish Recipes
- Sweet and Spicy Green Beans
- Grilled Corn Salad
- Kale Salad with Apples
- Keto Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe from Wholesome Yum
- Twice Baked Parmesan Butternut Squash
- Simple Roasted Parsnips from Healthy Seasonal Recipes
Vegetable Bake Recipe
Roasted Vegetables with Tomatoes
- 3 large carrots scrubbed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes scrubbed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 russet potatoes scrubbed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large vidalia onion cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes sliced into 1/2 inch slices.
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss carrots, potatoes, onions, and zucchini together with oil, garlic and salt and Pepper. Remove from oven and grate fresh Parmesan cheese (if using) over the tomatoes and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Place in 2 quart casserole dish. Top with tomato sauce and then sliced tomatoes.
- Roast for 45 minutes at 425.
- Remove from oven and grate fresh Parmesan cheese (if using) over the tomatoes and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.