Wholesome ingredients come together simply to create a decadent tasting Sweet Potato cookie. These Sweet Potato Oatmeal cookies are guilt-free, vegan, naturally-sweetened and gluten-free.
Cookies. Are your kids like my kids and become crazed at the mention of cookie? Okay at the mention of ANY sweet?
I love to create Healthier Cookies that are able to be enjoyed daily without an ounce of guilt!
Sweet Potato Cookies
These Vegan Oatmeal Cookies are a take on my Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies.
They are simple, wholesome, gluten-free, naturally-sweetened, and vegan.
In fact these Sweet Potato Cookies may sound too healthy, but trust me they will satisfy the sweetest of sweet teeth. It is the magic combination of dates and bananas. We call dates God’s Candy at our house because they are just that sweet.
These sweet potato cookies are loaded with vitamin A, fiber, potassium and whole grains.
Plus Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with cranberries and raisins are just SO DARN GOOD.
Seriously, when something this healthy makes kids eyes the size of UFOs you know that is something to CELEBRATE!!
Notes on Gluten Free Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Either quick cook oats or old fashioned oats work in these oatmeal cookies. Just be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if needed.
- Blend the oats up first for a finer texture to the cookie if desired (the pictured oatmeal cranberry chocolate chip cookies have been made without blending the oats.)
- If you don’t have sweet potato puree, canned pumpkin puree works as well.
- Be sure to use dates that have not been coated in sugars.
- Soak whole dates in hot water for 5-30 minutes to soften and be easy to blend. You can save the juice to sweeten other things.
More Sweet Potato Recipes
- Breakfast Sweet Potato
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Gluten Free Sweet Potato Waffles
- Healthy Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
Sweet Potato Cookie Recipe
Vegan Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups oatmeal either quick or old fashioned work in this recipe
- 3 ripe bananas mashed well
- 1 cup whole dates
- ⅓ cup sweet potato puree or canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients until well combined.
- Scoop by tablespoon size onto a large cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.