Is it a pie or a cheesecake? How about both with this Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie? You can have it all with a creamy filling made that tastes like a cross between a pumpkin pie and and a pumpkin cheesecake. And it is healthy too–so you can eat more!
I did it again.
I took a delicious recipe and dressed it up for Halloween.
This sweet little baby is a perfect cross between a pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin pie, and will have your taste buds dancing with pumpkin glee.
The dark chocolate face is optional. But isn’t everything better with some dark chocolate? Glad you agree.
I made the dark chocolate face by melting some dark chocolate and using a spoon to “draw” out the face onto wax paper. Once the chocolate hardened, I was able to peel away the chocolate and put directly onto the pumpkin cheesecake pie.
Honestly, this is just a perfect little fall treat. It is made with maple syrup instead of sugar and a whole grain graham cracker crust instead of a pastry crust filled with shortening. It is also relatively thin, so you can have your cake and eat it too without your waist line complaining.
Everyone around here enjoyed it. And I am pretty sure you will too.
- For the crust:
- 1 cup whole wheat graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- For the filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fresh nutmeg, grated
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: ¼ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with butter and place into a 9 inch cheese cake pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- For the filling:
- Beat together cream cheese, pumpkin, egg, maple syrup, vanilla, and spices until creamy and smooth. Pour onto crust and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheesecake is set.
- While cake is baking, melt chocolate and "draw" face onto wax paper. Let harden while cheesecake pie bakes.
- Allow cheesecake pie to cool for 10 minutes, and then then loosen from cheesecake pan ring. Cool for an additional 20 minutes before storing in the fridge and decorating with chocolate.
- Tastes best if made 24 hours in advance.