I am sure you have all eaten or at least heard of an Oreo Ball by now. If not, they are simply Oreo cookies blended together with cream cheese and then rolled into a ball and dipped into chocolate. And people are OBSESSED with them.
And while they sound incredible, they just never did that much for me. I would make them each year around the holidays and my friends and family would gobble them up and beg for more, I just simply passed them up for other Holiday treats.
But when I found myself with leftover peanut butter sandwich cookies (commonly refered to as Nutter Butters-although, I use this Organic Version that is free from hydrogenated oils), I thought that a spin on an Oreo Ball was worth a try.
A creamy peanut butter ball that is coated in melted chocolate, yes perfection. And while not nearly as healthy as my Homemade Reeses Cup, these are a treat that is worth the extra calories around the holidays.
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles are as easy as 1-2-3.
I drizzled them with white chocolate as well, but that is completely optional.
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies (9.6 ounce box)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces white chocolate, optional
- Process the cookies until they resemble crumbs. Add in the cream cheese and peanut butter and process until smooth and sticks together well.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place onto wax paper.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each round, until melted.
- Dip the balls into the chocolate and place back on the wax paper.
- Melt the white chocolate if desired, and drizzle over completed balls.
- Allow to harden and serve.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
And now just be prepared for your friends and family to go crazy and these chocolate peanut butter balls to disappear faster than a blink of an eye.