Buffalo Chicken Pizza is an easy recipe for pizza made with all the big, bold flavors of Buffalo Chicken! Spicy buffalo chicken is piled high on a tender pizza crust and smothered in cheese. This cheesy, spicy pizza is cooled down with a fresh ranch slaw made with carrots and cucumbers.
In my family, we could eat pizza nearly everyday of the week and not get sick of it. It of course helps that there are endless varieties of pizza that can be created. We love Taco Pizza, Florentine Pizza, Pizza Bread, and the list goes on…
Buffalo Chicken. Yet one more thing I just don’t think we would ever get sick of in this house. We frequently make Buffalo Chicken Bake , Buffalo Chicken Salad, Buffalo Wings, and Buffalo Chicken Tacos. You can surely tell it is one of our favorite flavor combos.
So it seemed perfectly logical to combine two of our favorites into one INSANE Buffalo Chicken Pizza!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Bufflao Chicken Pizza has been done before, many times. In fact, we love to order a Buffalo Chicken Pizza from a specialty pizza joint.
However, had it been done with a slaw on top? I top my Buffalo Chicken Tacos with a ranch slaw, so a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pizza with a fresh carrot and cucumber ranch slaw, seemed like a good idea.
I was right, this was a REALLY GOOD IDEA!
But of course if the ranch carrot and cucumber slaw does not sound good to you–serve this Buffalo Chicken Pizza with ranch or bleu cheese dressing, for a more classic combination for Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Step One: Prepare Pizza Crust
- Prepare homemade pizza crust dough or use your favorite store bought pizza dough.
- Roll out the pizza dough on greased pizza dish.
Step Two: Make Buffalo Chicken
- Chop up leftover rotisserie chicken or use shredded chicken breasts.
- Toss the cooked chicken with the hot sauce and butter if using.
Step Three: Make Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Generously spread out and the Buffalo Chicken over the pizza dough.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and browned and the crust is cooked through.
Step Four: Make Carrot and Cucumber Slaw
- Finely grate carrots and cucumbers.
- Mix together ranch seasoning with yogurt.
- Mix the carrots and cucumbers with the ranch.
- Refrigerate until pizza is ready to serve.
- Top pizza with slaw or serve on the side.
Tips on this Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
- I used a sharp cheddar and mozzarella combo for the best melting and flavor combo.
- Feel free to add diced celery to the carrot slaw if desired as well.
- Serve the carrot cucumber slaw on the side or right on top of the buffalo chicken pizza.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken and Rice
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
For the Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 recipe whole wheat pizza crust
- 2 cups leftover rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablesooon butter, melted optional
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese grated
For the Pizza
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Toss the cooked chicken with the hot sauce and butter if using, and spread generously over the pizza dough. Cover with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is browned evenly and cheese is fully melted.
For the Slaw
- While pizza is baking, combine yogurt with ranch seasoning and stir until well combined. Toss with the cucumber and carrots. Serve the slaw with the pizza.