Buffalo Chicken Pizza is an easy recipe for pizza made with all the big, bold flavors of Buffalo Chicken! Spicy buffalo chicken is piled high on a tender pizza crust and smothered in cheese for a delicious spin on pizza night.
In my family, we could eat pizza nearly every day of the week and not get sick of it. It, of course, helps that there are endless varieties of pizza that can be created. We love Taco Pizza, Florentine Pizza, Pizza Bread, and the list goes on...
One more thing I just don't think we would ever get sick of in this house is Buffalo Chicken. We frequently make Buffalo Chicken Bake, Buffalo Chicken Salad, and Buffalo Wings. You can surely tell it is one of our favorite flavor combos.
So it seemed perfectly logical to combine two of our favorites into one INSANELY delicious Buffalo Chicken Pizza!
Spicy, flavorful shredded buffalo chicken is topped with shredded cheddar cheese and then baked to perfection. You can stop right there and have a perfect pizza to dig into!
However, I strongly suggest topping with ranch or bleu cheese dressing. Or top with a fresh carrot and cucumber slaw, for contrast in flavors, textures, and temperatures.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Step One: Prepare Pizza Crust
- Prepare homemade pizza crust dough or use your favorite store-bought pizza dough.
- Roll out the pizza dough on greased pizza dish.
Step Two: Make Buffalo Chicken
- Chop up leftover rotisserie chicken or use shredded chicken breasts.
- Toss the cooked chicken with the hot sauce and butter to create buffalo chicken.
You can also use Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken as the base for this pizza, which cuts down on prep.
Step Three: Top Pizza
- Generously spread out and the Buffalo Chicken over the pizza dough.
- Cover with shredded cheese. I used a sharp cheddar and mozzarella combo for the best melting and flavor combo.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and browned and the crust is cooked through.
Step Four: Make Carrot and Cucumber Slaw (Optional)
I had this crazy idea to top my pizza with a fresh slaw one night and I STRONGLY recommend trying it. It is just a combination of shredded carrots and cucumbers tossed with ranch dressing.
I love topping my slice of pizza with the slaw, but my family prefers topping the pizza with just ranch and eating the slaw on the side.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
For the Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 recipe whole wheat pizza crust
- 2 cups leftover rotisserie chicken shredded
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablesooon butter, melted optional
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese grated
Cucumber Carrot Ranch Slaw (OPTIONAL)
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 1 cup cucumbers seed, then grated
- ½ cup homemade Ranch Dressing
For the Pizza
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough to about ¼ inch thickness.
- Toss the cooked chicken with the hot sauce and butter if using, and spread generously over the pizza dough. Cover with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is browned evenly and cheese is fully melted.
For the Slaw
- While pizza is baking, combine ranch dressing with the cucumber and carrots and mix well. Serve the slaw with the pizza.