Enjoy the big, bold flavors of Buffalo Chicken in pizza form with this easy and delicious recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
But our collective favorite happens to be this Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
Spicy, flavorful shredded buffalo chicken is topped with shredded cheddar cheese and then baked to perfection. Finished, with ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing for a creamy, cooling effect, this Buffalo Chicken Pizza knocks it out of the park in terms of flavor.
Why You Will Love This Pizza
- Insanely Flavorful
- Quick & Easy Recipe
- Great Use of Leftover Chicken
Notes on Ingredients
- Pizza Dough: For this recipe, you will need 1 pound of store-bought or homemade pizza dough.
- Chicken: This is the perfect time to use leftover chicken to transform it into something truly spectacular. Use any leftover cooked chicken like store-bought or homemade rotisserie chicken, baked chicken breasts, or Instant Pot chicken breasts.
- Cheese: For the best flavor and melting factor, I recommend using a combination of shredded cheddar, Monterrey Jack, or Colby cheese, along with mozzarella cheese to top this pizza.
- Buffalo Sauce: This recipe includes the ingredients and directions for making homemade buffalo sauce. It is super quick to make and is superior in taste to store-bought buffalo sauce, but feel free to use that in place of the homemade sauce if desired.
- Hot Sauce: Select a cayenne pepper hot sauce, such as Frank's Redhot Sauce or Texas Pete.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter to control the added sodium.
- Honey (optional): A bit of honey helps to balance out the heat of the sauce.
- Worcestershire & Garlic Powder: For additional depth of flavor.
- Vinegar: Use plain, white vinegar.
- Dressing: Just like buffalo wings, this pizza is not complete without a drizzle of ranch dressing, or blue cheese dressing. Use what you like!
∗ important to remember ∗
Roll the Dough Out Evenly. This will help the crust cook evenly and give you the perfect proportions of sauce to chicken to cheese to crust.
Don't Over Sauce! After tossing the chicken with the buffalo sauce, it is best to use a slotted spoon to transfer the buffalo chicken to the pizza crust. This will ensure your pizza doesn't end up soggy!
Let Pizza Cool Before Slicing. After baking, let the pizza cool for 5-10 minutes, which will allow the cheese to set, preventing it from sliding off the slices of pizza as it is cut.
Serve with Dressing. For the ultimate flavor combination, drizzle the baked pizza with ranch or blue cheese dressing or serve both dressings on the side and let people dress their slices of pizza themselves.
Love Blue Cheese? Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over the pizza before baking in addition to or in place of part of the shredded cheddar and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Adjust the Spice Level. If you like things really spicy, add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the sauce while simmering. If you like things on the milder side, add a bit more honey to the sauce to balance out
Leftover Buffalo Chicken? If you happen to have leftover Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken or leftover buffalo chicken dip, use that in place of the leftover cooked chicken and homemade sauce.
Additional Topping Ideas. If desired, sprinkle finely minced red onion over the buffalo chicken layer or top the baked pizza with sliced green onion and cilantro if desired.
More Pizza Recipes
Need more inspiration for planning meals that your family will love? Sign up for my FREE Meal Plans and each week you will get a meal plan with a shopping list.
If you enjoyed this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pizza, I would love for you to leave a review and comment below.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough
- ½ cup cayenne pepper hot sauce
- ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce or pinch of salt
- ½ tablespoon honey optional
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced or shredded
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese grated
- ½ cup Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese Dressing for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425℉ and lightly grease a 12-inch pizza pan.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough, using a rolling pin to about ¼ inch thickness. Carefully transfer the crust to the greased pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the hot sauce, vinegar, butter, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce together. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Once simmering and the butter has melted, turn off the heat. Add the honey and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken to the buffalo sauce and toss to evenly combine the two together. Using a slotted spoon, to remove excess sauce from the buffalo chicken mixture, transfer the chicken onto the prepared crust and spread the mixture evenly over the pizza crust, leaving about a ½ to 1-inch border around the edges of the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese evenly over the chicken mixture to cover.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until crust is browned evenly and cheese is fully melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve the pizza with a drizzle or a side of dressing as desired.