Buffalo Chicken Pizza: All the big, bold flavors of beloved Buffalo Chicken in pizza form. This cheesy, spicy pizza is cooled down with a fresh ranch slaw made with carrots and cucumbers.
Pizza. Can you EVER have enough?!
Not in this household. We could eat pizza nearly everyday of the week and not get sick of it. It of course helps that there are endless varieties of pizza that can be created. We love Taco Pizza, Florentine Pizza, Pizza Bread, and the list goes on…
Buffalo Chicken. Yet one more thing I just don’t think we would ever get sick of in this house. We frequently make Buffalo Chicken Bake , Buffalo Chicken Salad, Buffalo Wings, and Buffalo Chicken Tacos. You can surely tell it is one of our favorite flavor combos.
So it seemed perfectly logical to combine two of our favorites into one INSANE creation.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza with Ranch Slaw
Bufflao Chicken Pizza has been done before, many times. In fact, we love to order a Buffalo Chicken Pizza from a specialty pizza joint.
However, had it been done with a slaw on top? I top my Buffalo Chicken Tacos with a ranch slaw, so a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pizza with a fresh carrot and cucumber ranch slaw, seemed like a good idea.
I was right, this was a REALLY GOOD IDEA!
Buffalo Chicken atop a pillowy whole wheat crust smoothered in cheese is enough to be a mouthwatering pizza. But then, when you add something a little fresh to it, WOW!!! Plus, you get a serving of veggies in!
Tips on this Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe:
- I use a homemade pizza dough, but any 1 pound of your favorite dough will do just fine.
- I used homemade leftover rotisserie chicken shredded chicken and tossed it with a bit of hot sauce.
- You can make Crock-Pot buffalo chicken by placing 1 pound of chicken breasts in slow cooker with 1/4 cup chicken stock, 1/3 cup hot sauce, 1 teaspoon each of salt and garlic powder and let cook on high for 4-5 hours and then shred.
- I suggest making tons of Buffalo Chicken at a time and freeze in 1 pound portions to have on hand for all our favorite meals.
- I used a sharp cheddar and mozzarella combo for the best melting and flavor combo.
- The slaw is simply carrots and cucumbers tossed together with a homemade Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing. Of course, if you want to be traditional, throw in some diced celery, but that doesn’t fly so well with my kiddos.
And there you have it. One exceptional way to enjoy Pizza Night.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza with Carrot Cucumber Slaw
A whole wheat crust is topped with spicy buffalo chicken and cheese and baked. Served with a cooling, fresh slaw.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe
- 3/4 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 3/4 cups whole white wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Toppings
- 2 cups leftover rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablesooon butter, melted optional
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese grated
Combine the water and yeast and let sit for about 5 minutes in a large mixing bowl (or bowl of your stand mixer with dough hook attached.)
Mix in the honey and oil. Add the flour and salt slowly and mix in as you go. With dough hook or large spatula mix together dough until well combined.
Once mixed, knead for 5 minutes by hand on a lightly floured surface or with your dough hook on low-medium speed.
Place dough in oiled bowl and cover and leave in warm spot for 20-30 minutes.
For the Pizza
Preheat Oven to 425 degrees.
Roll out pizza dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
Toss the cooked chicken with the hot sauce and butter if using, and spread generously over the pizza dough. Cover with cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is browned evenly and cheese is fully melted.
For the Slaw
While pizza is baking, combine yogurt with ranch seasoning and stir until well combined. Toss with the cucumber and carrots.
Nutritional values are based on using butter the slaw.