Air Fryer Squash is made with zucchini and summer squash that is seasoned to perfection and air-fried until tender and just golden.
Both of these varieties of squash are plentiful in the summer months and share the same cooking times. Therefore they are perfect in recipes like Sauteed Zucchini and Squash and this recipe for Air Fryer Squash.
This Air Fryer Squash has quickly become a favorite at my house. It is incredibly simple and the flavor is spot on. The squash becomes tender, yet not at all soggy. It is a fast, healthy dish that pairs beautifully with summer entrees.
Notes on Ingredients
- Squash: This recipe uses both zucchini and summer squash. Feel free to use all zucchini or all summer squash.
- Seasoning: To add flavor to fairly bland vegetables, I use a blend of garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. It adds just the right amount of flavor, without being overwhelming.
- Oil: You only need a tiny bit of oil to help the vegetables crisp up.
How to Make Air Fryer Squash
Making Air Fryer Zucchini and Yellow Squash is a simple three-step process; slice, season, and air fry.
- Start this recipe by slicing washed and dried yellow squash and/or zucchini into thin quarter-inch rounds.
- Toss the sliced squash with a bit of oil and seasonings of your choice.
- Spread out the seasoned zucchini and yellow squash in the basket or tray of your air fryer, being careful to not overcrowd the squash. If you have a smaller model, you may need to prepare this recipe in 2 batches so that everything cooks evenly.
- Air fry for 7 minutes at 400 degrees and then remove the basket and give the squash a good shake. Return to the air fryer and continue cooking at 400 degrees for an additional 5-7 minutes, depending on how golden you like your squash. Pictured is the squash being cooked for 5 minutes longer.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 370 degrees for 2-3 minutes or reheat in the microwave.
- Taco Flavored: Toss the zucchini and squash with ½ teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon of Taco Seasoning.
- Savory Onion: Toss the squash with ½ teaspoon oil and 2 teaspoons Copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
- Dill: Toss the squash with ½ teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon of Dill Seasoning
- Low-Sodium/Salt-Free: Cut the salt to ¼ teaspoon OR omit completely if on a salt-free diet.
- Serve as a side dish for meals like Chicken Burgers, Pulled Pork, or Grilled Shrimp.
- Add the air fryer zucchini and squash to homemade tortillas and top with avocado for a simple, vegetarian meal.
- Toss with cooked pasta, olive oil, and minced garlic for an easy way to dress up pasta.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Bagel Pizzas
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
If you enjoyed this easy recipe for Air Fryer Yellow Squash and Zucchini, I would love for you to leave a comment and review below.
Air Fryer Squash
- If needed per your model, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini and yellow squash. Sice into ¼ inch rounds.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini and yellow squash with the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Spread out the squash in the air fryer basket. Cook for 7 minutes. Toss the squash and then then return to the air fryer and air fry for an additional 5-7 minutes at 400 degrees, depending on how crispy you like your zucchini and yellow squash.
- Serve immediately.