Bring a spicy kick to your taco night with these Easy Buffalo Chicken Tacos! Made with perfectly seasoned Buffalo Chicken, this easy taco recipe is always a crowd pleaser!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Tacos
I do not know many people who do not love tacos or buffalo chicken. When you put the two together to form a Buffalo Chicken Taco, it may be enough to create world peace.
Okay, I am being dramatic, but seriously, these easy Buffalo Chicken Tacos DO create peace and happiness at the dinner table!
And when you start with leftover cooked chicken, it is as simple as making a quick buffalo sauce, chopping up some lettuce and dinner is DONE!
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken
- Cooked Chicken–Use leftover shredded Instant Pot Chicken Breasts, Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken, Homemade Rotisserie Chicken, or Oven Roasted Chicken Breasts.
- Hot Sauce–Any cayenne based hot sauce works, but Franks Red Hot is my favorite.
- Honey–This is optional, but helps to balance the heat of the hot sauce.
- Butter–Another optional ingredient, but butter is traditional in Buffalo Sauce and helps to round out the flavors.
- Spices–Adding a few spices makes homemade buffalo sauce a thousand times tastier!
- Tortillas–Corn or flour tortillas or hard corn taco shells are all great options for Buffalo Chicken.
- Toppings–Shredded lettuce, shredded cabbage, shredded cheese, shredded carrots, ranch dressing and blue cheese are all great options to top Buffalo Chicken Tacos.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Step One: Prepare Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt butter, if using.
- Add in hot sauce, honey, and spices and whisk to combine.
Step Two: Toss Chicken with Buffalo Sauce
- Dice or shred cooked chicken.
- Add chicken to buffalo sauce and toss to coat chicken evenly with sauce.
Step Three: Assemble Tacos
- Warm tortilla shells in a dry skillet or heat hard shells in the oven according to package directions.
- Top each shell with Buffalo Chicken.
- Top as desired with lettuce, cheese, carrots, tomatoes, blue cheese, or ranch dressing.
Pro Tip: Toss shredded lettuce and carrots with ranch dressing/blue cheese and then top the tacos with the dressed lettuce. Each bite of the taco has the creaminess from the ranch or blue cheese when the Buffalo Chicken Tacos are assembled this way!
More Delicious Taco Recipes
- Easy Lentil Tacos
- Black Bean Tacos
- Classic Beef Tacos
- Easy Asian Fish Tacos
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- Jalapeno Chicken Tacos
- Cauliflower Tacos
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup hot sauce such as Frank's Red Hot
- 1 tablespoon butter optional
- 1 tablespoon honey optional
- 12 taco shells or tortilla shells
To Serve Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup homemade ranch dressing or blue cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded or thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- In a large bowl, mix together the hot sauce, honey, butter, and seasonings. Add the shredded chicken and toss to combine. If desired, heat the chicken in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes until chicken is warmed through.
- Using tongs, or a slotted spoon, fill the taco shells with the chicken.
- Top the tacos with shredded lettuce, carrots, cheese, and a drizzle of ranch or blue cheese as desired.
- Use Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken as the base of these chicken tacos if desired.
- Pro Tip: Toss shredded lettuce and carrots with ranch dressing/blue cheese and then top the tacos with the dressed lettuce. Each bite of the taco has the creaminess from the ranch or blue cheese when the Buffalo Chicken Tacos are assembled this way!
Latest posts by Kristen Chidsey (see all)
- Easy Mulled Wine - November 21, 2019
- Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Sweet Potatoes - November 20, 2019
- Orange Glazed Carrots - November 19, 2019