Easy Buffalo Chicken Tacos with Ranch Slaw: Bring a spicy kick to your taco night with these Buffalo-flavored chicken tacos. All your favorite Buffalo Chicken flavors served up in taco form with a fresh slaw.
It was just about dinner time and it was the end of the week.
Which meant, time to clean out the fridge.
Lucky me!! That was the making of a delicious meal my entire family loved and it could not be easier to pull together given the ingredients I had on hand.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Who doesn’t love tacos? And Buffalo Chicken?
This dish is 2 of our favorite foods combined into one hand held spicy bite!
How to Cook Taco Shells
First, take a look at this stroke of genius on my part (it doesn’t happen often, so excuse me for bragging, but I gotta take it where I can get it–and I am sure most of you figured this trick out long ago!!)
I placed my taco shells on a muffin tin sheet upside down, so I could heat them up a few minutes in the oven and they would stand up straight for me to fill them with my toppings–why did it take me so long to think of this!!!
And the actual tacos–they are EASY!!
How to Make Gluten-Free Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Toss the shredded cabbage with the homemade ranch dressing and let sit while you prepare the chicken.
- Cut chicken breasts into slender pieces and bake with a few seasonings and then doused with hot sauce to kick things up a notch.
- Top with the slaw and serve. You can even whip up a delicious Pina Colada smoothie for everyone and hit all the major food groups 🙂
This is meal is full of flavor and will keep you wanting more!
Notes on Easy Baked Buffalo Chicken Taco Recipe:
- If you happen to have leftover Rotissiere Chicken or Cooked Chicken Breasts, just shred that up with the seasonings and hot sauce and warm through. Easy-peasy.
- If making for small children or people who don’t like spice, leave some chicken off to the side before covering in hot sauce.
- I use plain hot sauce, like Frank’s Hot Sauce to toss with the chicken. You can add a little bit of melted butter to the hot sauce to mellow it out a bit, but I find the slaw on top does the trick perfectly.
- I use corn taco shells for these Buffalo Chicken Tacos, but any hard or soft shell taco would work, heck even just serving the slaw with the chicken on top works if you want Low Carb Buffalo Chicken “Tacos.”
- I have used shredded cabbage, shredded romaine both as the base of the slaw. I love the crisp crunch that the cabbage provides, but my kids prefere the romaine slaw. I also love to add shredded carrots to the slaw, but that is not necessary.
- Top with additional hot sauce for an extra kick.
More Delicious Taco Recipes
- Easy Lentil Tacos with Avocado Cream
- Healthy Black Bean Baked Tacos
- Easy Asian Fish Tacos with Ginger Slaw
- Jalapeno Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- 1/2 cup homemade ranch dressing or your favorite store brand
- 1/2 head shredded green cabbage
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into long slender strips
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot
- 1 pkg natural corn taco shells 12 count
- Toss the ranch dressing with cabbage and set aside while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Pre-heat oven to 425. Toss the thin slices of chicken with the dry spices. And bake on greased cookie sheet for 15 minutes. Remove chicken from oven and place taco shells into the oven to warm up for 5 minutes.
- Toss the chicken with the Frank's Red Hot.
- Using tongs, or a slotted spoon, fill the taco shells with the chicken and then top with the ranch slaw.
- Serve with plenty of napkins!