Easy Buffalo Chicken Tacos with Ranch Slaw: Bring a spicy kick to your taco night with these Buffalo-flavored chicken tacos. All your favorite Buffalo Chicken flavors served up in taco form with a fresh slaw.
Which meant, time to clean out the fridge.
Lucky me!! That was the making of a delicious meal my entire family loved and it could not be easier to pull together given the ingredients I had on hand.
Who doesn’t love tacos? And Buffalo Chicken?
This dish is 2 of our favorite foods combined into one hand held spicy bite!
First, take a look at this stroke of genius on my part (it doesn’t happen often, so excuse me for bragging, but I gotta take it where I can get it–and I am sure most of you figured this trick out long ago!!)
I placed my taco shells on a muffin tin sheet upside down, so I could heat them up a few minutes in the oven and they would stand up straight for me to fill them with my toppings–why did it take me so long to think of this!!!
And the actual tacos–they are EASY!!
How to Make Gluten-Free Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Toss the shredded cabbage with the homemade ranch dressing and let sit while you prepare the chicken.
- Cut chicken breasts into slender pieces and bake with a few seasonings and then doused with hot sauce to kick things up a notch.
- Top with the slaw and serve. You can even whip up a delicious Pina Colada smoothie for everyone and hit all the major food groups 🙂
This is meal is full of flavor and will keep you wanting more!
Notes on Easy Baked Buffalo Chicken Taco Recipe:
- If you happen to have leftover Rotissiere Chicken or Cooked Chicken Breasts, just shred that up with the seasonings and hot sauce and warm through. Easy-peasy.
- If making for small children or people who don’t like spice, leave some chicken off to the side before covering in hot sauce.
- I use plain hot sauce, like Frank’s Hot Sauce to toss with the chicken. You can add a little bit of melted butter to the hot sauce to mellow it out a bit, but I find the slaw on top does the trick perfectly.
- I use corn taco shells for these Buffalo Chicken Tacos, but any hard or soft shell taco would work, heck even just serving the slaw with the chicken on top works if you want Low Carb Buffalo Chicken “Tacos.”
- I have used shredded cabbage, shredded romaine both as the base of the slaw. I love the crisp crunch that the cabbage provides, but my kids prefere the romaine slaw. I also love to add shredded carrots to the slaw, but that is not necessary.
- Top with additional hot sauce for an extra kick.
Be sure to check out all my Easy Healthy 30 Minute Family Meals!
Or if you are looking for Gluten free Recipes–check out my collection of Easy 30 Minute Gluten-Free Meals.
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Easy Buffalo Chicken Tacos with Ranch Slaw
- 1/2 cup homemade ranch dressing or your favorite store brand
- 1/2 head shredded green cabbage
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into long slender strips
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot
- 1 pkg natural corn taco shells 12 count
Toss the ranch dressing with cabbage and set aside while preparing the remaining ingredients.
Pre-heat oven to 425. Toss the thin slices of chicken with the dry spices. And bake on greased cookie sheet for 15 minutes. Remove chicken from oven and place taco shells into the oven to warm up for 5 minutes.
Toss the chicken with the Frank's Red Hot.
Using tongs, or a slotted spoon, fill the taco shells with the chicken and then top with the ranch slaw.
Serve with plenty of napkins!
Nutrition facts are based on homemade ranch dressing and corn taco shells.
Easy Taco Recipes #SundaySupper
Breakfast, Dessert, and Alternative Tacos
- Jalapeno Cornbread Taco Pie by Soulfully Made
- Loaded Taco Tots by Gourmet Everyday
- Naked Egg Breakfast Tacos by Palatable Pastime
- Spicy Beef Cheesy Corn Taco Muffins by Food Lust People Love
- Veggie Packed Mouth-Watering Cauliflower Breakfast Tostadas by Bites of Wellness
Lunch and Dinner Tacos
- 1970s Style Tacos by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asian-Spiced Black Cod Tacos with Kimchi and Avocado-Sriracha Mayo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos by A Mind Full Mom
- Chorizo Tacos with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Beef Tacos by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Fish Taco Recipe by Sunday Supper Movement
- Healthy Ground Turkey Tacos by Mid-Life Croissant
- It’s Taco Tuesday: An Easy Family Meal by Hardly A Goddess
- Low Carb Beef Tacos by Our Good Life
- Salmon Tacos with Watermelon Pico de Gallo by Pies and Plots
- Sloppy Joe Tacos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork Tacos with Cabbage Slaw by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Korean BBQ Tacos by Cricket’s Confections
- Steak Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Surf and Turf Tacos by The Weekend Gourmet
- Walking Chili Cheese Tacos by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.