Chipotle Black Bean Dip: With less than 5 minutes and 5 ingredients, you can have a smokey dip that is perfect for dipping just about anything into it. Vegan. Gluten Free. Easy.
Oh boy–It’s Halloween!
Do you know what that means? I get corny!
However, this smokey black bean dip is not just good for Halloween–it is perfect for all year long (just skip designing a spider web on the dip!)
So as you know if you have browsed my website for any amount of time, I like to play with my food. Call me a kid at hear, an early childhood educator at heart, or just a fun mom I will answer to them all, as I like to view myself in all 3 roles (just don’t ask my kids on chore days, if I am the fun mom!)
And let’s face it, making food fun, makes it just taste better! How much more excited are you to eat an apple after a day at an orchard then just a trip to the grocery store? There is something that connects us to our food when we get our hands dirty and take ownership of it.
For me, this means letting the Holidays shine through my recipes.
And Holiday Food does NOT mean it is filled with food coloring or fancy techniques. I love to take REAL ingredients and minimal time and make something healthy, fun, and a bit corny!
Take this Chipolte Black Bean Dip. It is a simple as a few ingredeints that you probably have in your pantry, thrown into a food processor or blender and done. Yes, you can pipe sour cream or plain yogurt into a spider web design on top, but you totally don’t have to–but come on, even adults love this kind of coriness, am I right?!
I dare you, play with your food, dress it up in Halloween Costume. I gurantee you will put a smile on everyone’s face!
- 1 16 ounce can black beans, drained but not rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chipolte chili powder (or 1 chipolte from a can of chipolte in adobo sauce)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (more if beans were unsalted)
- juice of fresh lime
- sour cream or Greek yogurt for garnish.
- Place beans, seasonings, and juice of one lime in food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- To garnish with sour cream/yogut: Place in sandiwch bag and push sour cream to one corner. Cut the bottom of the corner off and pipe out design of spider web onto dip.