All the flavors of a chicken fajita in pizza form. Seasoned shredded chicken, peppers, onions, and cheese create a simple, flavorful pizza.
One of my favorite ways to make easy dinners is to transform leftovers into something new and delicious. Using up leftovers in new ways saves money and time, and just tastes good!
While I have many Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes, one of my favorite recipes happens to be this Chicken Fajita Pizza.
- Leftover Chicken: Use leftover Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken, Oven Baked Rotisserie Chicken, or Instant Pot Shredded Chicken for the chicken on this pizza.
- Enchilada Sauce: Instead of using salsa or tomato sauce, I love the smooth flavor of enchilada sauce. Jarred or homemade enchilada sauce can be used.
- Peppers and Onions: Use a defrosted pepper and onion blend for a super quick topping on this pizza, or lightly saute fresh peppers and onions if desired.
- Fajita Seasoning: Even though the enchilada sauce is extremely flavorful, adding a bit of Fajita seasoning adds to the overall flavor of this pizza.
- Cheese: Use cheddar, Mexican, Mozzarella, or Colby for this pizza. Any cheese you like.
- Pizza Dough: I use my whole wheat homemade pizza crust recipe, but you can use any store-bought pizza dough you like.
How to Prepare Chicken Fajita Pizza
- Roll out pizza dough onto a lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Top dough with just enough enchilada sauce to cover.
- Toss shredded chicken, peppers, and onions together with a bit more enchilada sauce and fajita seasoning.
- Spread mixture evenly over pizza dough and top generously with cheese.
- Bake until the crust is browned and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream and wedges of lime if desired.
More Creative Pizza Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Taco Pizza
- Easy Pull Apart Pizza Bread
- Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Pizza Lasagna Roll-Ups
Chicken Fajita Pizza
Homemade Pizza Dough (one pound)
- 1 cup warm water 105-110 degrees
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup flour skinless chicken breasts
For the Pizza Dough
- Combine the water, honey, and yeast and let sit for about 5-10 minutes in a large mixing bowl (or bowl of your stand mixer with a dough hook attached.)
- Once the yeast mixture is bubbly, mix in the oil. Add the flour and salt slowly and mix in as you go, with the dough hook or a large spatula, until well combined. Once the pizza dough comes together, knead for 8-9 minutes by hand on a lightly floured surface or with the dough hook of a stand mixer on low-medium speed for 5-7 minutes.
- Place dough in oiled bowl and cover and leave in a warm spot for 30-45 minutes, to rise until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down and let rest another 10-15 minutes. Then proceed to roll out pizza dough to prepare pizza.
To Make the Chicken Fajita Pizza
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out dough to ½ inch thick. Top with ½ cup of the enchilada sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken and pepper onion mix with fajita seasoning, remaining endhildada sauce. Spread mixture evenly over pizza dough and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate pan and bake another 5-10 minutes depending on how crispy you like your pizza.
- Serve with sour cream and lime wedges for a squeeze of fresh lime juice on each slice.
- Instead of frozen peppers and onions, feel free to lightly saute 1 bell pepper and 1 small onion in 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat until softened.