Morning Glory Oatmeal: Enjoy the traditional flavors of Morning Glory Oatmeal in a no-cook oatmeal form for an easy, healthy, breakfast. Perfect for incorporating more fruit and veggies into your diet and for prep-ahead meals. #dairyfree #glutenfree
You guys, I have a secret to tell you. My daughter thinks I am a celebrity. And at the moment, I feel like a tiny, tiny star.
Why? I am being published in a cookbook!!! EEK! I am so so excited. And while I will be even more excited when my own cookbook is published, I could not have been any prouder than to have joined forces with Produce for Kids and several super-star bloggers to produce Healthy Family Classics: 50 Registered Dietitian-Approved Recipes from Our Kitchen to Yours.
You NEED this cookbook in your life. Why? Let me give you the reasons:
- Easy, mom-approved, dietitian-approved recipes–perfect for serving healthy meals to your family regardless of busy schedules.
- Great, practical tips on how to eat healthier.
- A chart that shows when produce is in season–because guys, eating in season is SO much tastier!
- And what I may be most excited about is that 100% of the proceeds from this cookbook goes to Feeding America, to help end childhood hunger!
So how do you get the cookbook? Easy, through Amazon. Because isn’t that where you get everything?!!! It is time to pick your own copy of Healthy Family Classics: 50 Registered Dietitian-Approved Recipes from Our Kitchen to Yours now!
And now, back to this Overnight Morning Glory Oatmeal.
There is nothing not to love about this oatmeal. It is full of flavors, fresh produce, and is make-ahead–because, my mornings are crazy enough! Morning Glory Oatmeal is packed with an amazing amount nutrients, from the fresh carrots, pineapple, apples and raisins to the chia seeds and pecans. It is a perfect way to start any day and has enough protein (48 grams!!!) and fiber (10 grams) to keep you going strong all morning long. Not to mention, it is a delightful treat for both kids and adults, alike.
So is it hard to prep Morning Glory Oatmeal–um, no! You put a bunch of ingredients into 4 jars with lids and shake away. Put in the refrigerator overnight and breakfast will be waiting for you. Like your oatmeal warm? Remove the lid and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Now grab a spoon and dig into a delicious oatmeal that tastes just like a old-fashioned southern muffin!
Overnight Morning Glory Oatmeal
- 4 16 ounce glass jars with lids
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal gluten-free certified if needed
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple in 100% juice
- 1 cup no-sugar-added applesauce
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 4 tablespoons raisins
- 1 cup diced Gala or Honey Crisp apples
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon chopped pecans or walnuts
Add 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup pineapple in juice, 1/4 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup carrots. 1 tablespoon raisins, 1/4 cup diced apple, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1/2 tablepoon chia seeds, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 cup coconut milk into each jar. Secure lid tightly and shake well. Refrigerate overnight.
Top with 1/2 tablespoon nuts before serving
For the rest of the 49 fabulous recipes in be sure to grab your own Healthy Family Classics: 50 Registered Dietitian-Approved Recipes from Our Kitchen to Yours.