Easy Creamy Taco Bake: An easy casserole that is creamy, cheesy and tastes just like a taco. It is a meatless, frugal, weeknight wonder.
I am not sure about you all, but I am a bit cooked out today.
That is very, very unusual for someone like me, who typically finds cooking to be a release of stress. The kitchen is usually my happy place, but I spent WAY TOO many hours this past week in the kitchen prepping for Thanksgiving. And it was not my kitchen–it was my mom’s tiny kitchen. And there was a TON of people to feed.
Today, after a long car trip back home, I wanted an EASY meal. And I really did not want to run the grocery store to buy anything until I planned my weekly meal plan. So dinner tonight needed to be easy and from my pantry.
Thankfully, I had the perfect solution to this dilemma: Easy, Creamy Taco Bake.
It is as simple as tossing cooked pasta with tomato sauce, salsa, and spices, all from my pantry with sour cream and cheese (which happen to have a long shelf life, so I had both an unopened container of sharp cheddar and sour cream in my fridge.)
So whether you are looking for a quick dinner from your pantry staples, a meatless meal, a family pleasing meal, or the perfect meal for a busy weeknight–this Easy, Creamy Taco Bake is for you!
- 1 box (16 ounces) whole wheat elbow pasta
- 1 cup salsa (or rotel tomatoes)
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil pasta for 2 minutes less than package states.
- Mix together the spices with the salsa, tomato sauce, and sour cream with the cooked pasta. Pour into 2 quart casserole dish and top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browned.
For this recipe I recommend: