A humble ham becomes masterpiece with a simple sweet and savory balsamic fig ham glaze. This Easy Baked Ham is perfect for any holiday dinner or just a special weekend meal.
If you have an Instant Pot, you will want to try out my Instant Pot Honey Baked Ham. Complete your meal by serving this baked ham with cheesy scalloped potatoes, Green Beans Almondine, and a Strawberry Spinach Salad.
I remember the first experience I had with a glazed ham.
Decades ago, my Aunt and Uncle decided to order a Spiral Ham in case we ran out of out traditional turkey at our family’s Thanksgiving Feast.
Now I am all about tradition, but after tasting that ham, they did not need to worry about running out of turkey, they were likely to run out of that Glazed ham.
My entire family–cousins, aunts, uncles, siblings, grandparents and parents inhaled that glazed ham.
As I have gotten older, I have had many experiences with spiralized hams. Ones at parties, at sandwich shops, and at family gatherings.
But the one I have to say, my take on Glazed Ham is perfection.
Glazed Baked Ham
It is so incredibly easy, not to mention more economical, to make a Glazed Ham at home.
And while a traditional honey glazed ham is delicious, this Balsamic Fig Glazed Ham is a unique sweet and savory glaze. Not too sweet, not too savory. The perfect balance.
Just 4 ingredients is all it takes to make this simple ham glaze.
- Fig Preserves (or Fig Jam)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Maple Syrup
- Dijon Mustard
It is as simple as warming up the fig preserves and mix together with balsamic, maple syrup, and mustard. Incredibly simple, and yet it has the right depth of flavor for your holiday ham.
How to Cook Glazed Ham in Roaster Oven
I usually opt to cook this glazed ham in the oven, but many people have asked for Roaster Oven Directions.
- Cover the bottom of the roaster oven with water and place the rack in the roaster.
- Set the ham on top of the rack and cover.
- Cook at 300 degrees for 2 hours.
- Glaze ham as directed and cook for another 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
Ideas for Leftover Ham
- Ham and Cheese Hot Pockets
- Easy Monte Cristo Sandwich
- Cheesy Ham and Scalloped Potatoes
- Overnight Ham and Egg Breakfast Casserole
Easy Glazed Ham Recipe
Balsamic Fig Glazed Ham
- 10-15 pound spiral sliced ham bone-in
- 1/2 cup fig preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Wrap ham in foil and place on roasting rack in roasting pan. Pour enough water to cover bottom of roasting pan, but not deep enough to touch ham .
- Cook ham for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the fig jam until warmed and loosened up, about 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Turn off heat and mix in maple syrup, balsamic, and mustard.
- Remove ham from oven and turn heat to 400 degrees. Remove foil off ham.
- Brush the glaze all over the ham, allowing to drip down into the sliced portions of the ham. Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.
TO MAKE BAKED HAM, YOU MAY NEED
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!