Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes: Creamy, pillowy pancakes are topped with a homemade, naturally-sweetened strawberry sauce, sour cream frosting, and graham cracker crumbs for a version of strawberry cheesecake in pancake form! Breakfast perfection!
Have you ever found yourself with an abundance of strawberries after spending a day at the strawberry field?
While my family and I are picking away, I ALWAYS think to myself, these berries are SO sweet and perfect, I won’t even have a chance to make Pectin-Free Strawberry Jam because surely we will eat them all teh strawberries before I have a chance.
These strawberry cheesecake pancakes are my husband’s favorite breakfast. And my guess, they will SOON be one of your favorites too!
The actual pancakes are made soft and creamy, with wait for it….cottage cheese. The cottage cheese melts into the batter and gives the pancakes amazing texture and tang. Fresh strawberries are simmered down with maple syrup and lemon juice to create a juicy, bright topping for the pancakes. Everything is finished off with a dollop of sweetened plain yogurt (or sour cream) and graham cracker crumbs to give you every flavor aspect of a strawberry cheesecake. From the airy pancake, to the warm strawberries, to the coolness and tang of the yogurt and finally finishing with a perfect crunch from a graham cracker–cheesecake perfection!
This is a rock star recipe and I promise you that if you make this for your loved ones, you will score some major bonus points. They are out of the world good!
Take the bit of extra effort to make these special pancakes this weekend. It will be a little bit of heaven!
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- ½ cup sour cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 whole graham crackers, crushed
- ½ cup white wheat flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup all natural cottage cheese
- Start by combining the lemon juice, strawberries and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While strawberries are cooking, whisk together the yogurt with the remaining 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium. Grease with a bit of coconut oil.
- Whisk together flours, baking powder and salt with a whisk until well combined. Mix milk, egg, oil, and vanilla together and add to dry ingredients. Lightly stir together until just incorporated. Stir the zest of the lemon and cottage cheese into the batter.
- Pour ⅓ cup batter unto skillet and cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until bubbly. Flip the pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- To serve, top the pancakes with the strawberry sauce, sweetened yogurt, and graham cracker crumbs.