This is the EASIEST, TASTIEST Tortellini Soup EVER! This recipe for tortellini soup only requires four staple ingredients that easily come together to create a hearty, delicious, comforting soup.
Tortellini is one of my favorite soups ever!
From these cheese filled pasta, to the hearty greens, to the rich tomato broth, tortellini soup satisfies to the core.
Easy Tortellini Soup
This tortellini soup is filled with hearty tortellini, healthy greens, and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
And it comes together with just 4 main ingredients.
Ingredients for Tortellini Soup
- Stock: Vegetable broth or chicken stock both work.
- Marinara Sauce: It is essential to choose a very flavorful homemade tomato sauce or good quality store bought sauce, as this is what flavors the tortellini soup.
- Kale or Spinach: Frozen or Fresh both work
- Tortellini: Cheese or Meat Tortellini both work
If your tomato sauce is well seasoned you will not need to add any flavoring to your soup. But extra garlic, dried oregano, or red pepper flakes are great optional add-ins to this tortellini soup.
How to Make Tortellini Soup
- Bring stock and marinara soup to a boil.
- If using FROZEN spinach or kale, add at the beginning of the cook time.
- Once the broth is boiling, add in the tortellini and reduce heat to medium.
- If using FRESH spinach or kale, add now.
- Simmer the soup until the tortellini is tender.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Notes on Tortellini Soup
- The secret with quick, simple meals is the quality of ingredients. With that said, be sure to use quality marinara sauce, good vegetable stock and fresh or frozen tortellini.
- If you don’t have vegetable stock, use chicken stock as long as you are not Vegetarian.
- If you have an extra 10 minutes, saute garlic and onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil before adding marinara and stock–but remember, you can skip this step as most marinara sauces are already filled with deep flavor like my homemade tomato sauce.
More Easy Soup Recipes
- 30 Minute Baked Potato Soup
- 30 Minute Healthy Potato Corn Chowder
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Bring chicken stock, marinara sauce, frozen spinach/kale and seasonings if using.
- Reduce heat to medium heat and add in tortellini.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until tortellini is cooked through.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.