This is the EASIEST, TASTIEST Tortellini Soup! Made with only 4 ingredients, this soup comes together quickly and is hearty, comforting, and full of flavor!
This recipe for Tortellini Soup can be on the table in less than 30 minutes, yet still has an incredible depth of flavor thanks to one time-saving ingredient--Marinara Sauce. A jar of marinara sauce or homemade spaghetti sauce means there is no need for long periods of simmering to develop a rich, nuanced broth.
Tortellini Soup is one of my favorite soups ever!
From the cheese-filled pasta to the hearty greens, to the rich tomato broth, tortellini soup satisfies to the core.
While it often takes hours of simmering to develop a really intense rich tomato soup, this tortellini soup uses a short-cut that puts this soup on the table in less than 30 minutes--without sacrificing any flavor!
Store-bought or Homemade Spaghetti Sauce is my secret to making Torelinni soup FAST! Spaghetti sauce has already been simmered to develop rich flavor, meaning we can speed up dinner by using in this soup! Plus since spaghetti sauce is already rich in seasoning, it limits the number of ingredients needed to make this soup.
What is lacks in prep time, this Tortellini Soup does not lack in flavor--it is a perfect cozy soup to enjoy on a cool day.
Ingredients for Tortellini Soup
- Stock: Vegetable broth or chicken stock both work in this soup. Use vegetarian broth for a vegetarian meal.
- Marinara Sauce: It is essential to choose a very flavorful homemade tomato sauce or good quality store-bought sauce, as this is what flavors the tortellini soup.
- Kale or Spinach: I love to add in greens for nutrition, texture, and flavor. Feel free to leave out for pickier eaters. Fresh or frozen kale or spinach can be used in this recipe.
- Tortellini: Cheese tortellini is classic in Tortellini Soup, but feel free to use Meat Tortellini if desired. And both fresh or frozen tortellini work equally well.
Pro-Tip: If your tomato sauce is well seasoned you will not need to add any flavoring to your soup. But extra garlic, dried oregano, or red pepper flakes are great optional add-ins to this tortellini soup.
How to Make Tortellini Soup
- Bring stock and marinara soup to a boil. If using FROZEN spinach or kale, add at the beginning of the cooking time.
- Once the broth is boiling, add in the tortellini and reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer the soup until the tortellini is tender. If using FRESH spinach or kale, add for the last few minutes the soup is simmering.
- Serve soup with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
More Easy Soup Recipes
- 30 Minute Baked Potato Soup
- 30 Minute Healthy Potato Corn Chowder
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Bring stock, marinara sauce, spices (if using) to a boil in a large stock-pan. NOTE: If you are using FROZEN not fresh spinach or kale, add before bringing the broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium heat and add in tortellini. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until tortellini is cooked through. NOTE: If using FRESH spinach or kale, add the last 5 minutes of simmering.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.