Watermelon Sangria: Fresh watermelon and lime juice are mixed up with crisp white wine and seltzer water for a Summer Sangria.
Have you ever bought a watermelon too large for your family to eat?
Or maybe you purchased one that was just not as sweet as you hoped for?
Well, I have been there many, many times. And you all know that I REFUSE to waste food.
So just what can you do with excess watermelon?
I guess it just depends on your audience, huh?
A girls night definetly calls for this Sangria. A family party calls for the Virgin Watermelon Lime Aqua Fresca. Or depending on the dynamics of your extended famly, a glass of sangria my be in order 😉
A classic sangria is mixed fruit, wine, seltzer, simple syrup, and an added liquor.
This is NOT classic. I know that.
Watermelon “Sangria” is a delightful way to use up watermelon. It is fresh and light and bright due to fresh lime juice.
I did not simple syrup, because I found the drink to be sweet enough.
Let me tell you, a glass of this sangria with my feet up on my back porch, is a perfect slice of summer!
- 9 cups fresh watermelon, diced
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- ¼ cup triple sec (optional)
- 1 liter plain seltzer water
- 1 pint blueberries
- Set aside 2 cups diced watermelon.
- Blend the remaining 7 cups of watermelon until smooth. Strain through mesh strainer to remove any seeds or pulp.
- Add reserved 2 cups of watermelon, pint of blueberries, fresh watermelon juice, triple sec if using and wine to large pitcher. Stir to incorporate.
- Chill for 2-4 hours.
- Before serving, stir again and then pour in seltzer water.
Sunday Supper Simple Mixed Drink Recipes
Classics with a Twist
- Blackberry Gin Mule by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Boozy Rootbeer Float 2 Ways by My Life Cookbook
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pimm’s Cup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spiked Arnold Palmer Cocktails by Hardly A Goddess
- St. Germain Gin and Tonic Cocktail by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Make Mine a Mocktail
- Florida Cider Caipirinha by Gourmet Everyday
- Raspberry Lemon Blush by Our Good Life
- Screwmosa Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Skip and Go Naked by Positively Stacey
- Spiked Spa Water by Simple and Savory
Tasty and Tropical
- Blackberry Mojitos by The Chef Next Door
- Fresh Cherry Margaritas by The Crumby Cupcake
- Frozen Peach Margaritas by Pies and Plots
- Perfect Pina Colada by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Pineapple Margaritas by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prickly Pear Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Sunset Lemon Drop by Soulfully Made
- Boozy Watermelon Slushies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cantaloupe Wine Slushie by Family Around the Table
- Cava Sangria by Caroline’s Cooking
- Easy Red Wine Sangria with Spiced Peaches by Cricket’s Confections
- Pink Lemonade Sangria by Baking Sense
- Sparkling Chambord Sangria by Books n’ Cooks
- Watermelon Sangria by A Mind Full Mom
For even more inspiration check out these Simple Mixed Drinks for a Refreshing Summer by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement