Slow Cooker Chili Verde: A pork roast is cooked low and slow with the green chiles, white beans, and beer to create a hearty, yet easy dinner. Dairy-Free. Gluten-Free Directions as well.
It has gotten cold in my neck of the woods.
And when the colder weather comes, I want to turn into a hibernating bear and stay curled up in my warm blankets.
But that is NOT an option. Life goes on, busy as always. And amazingly enough, there are always hungry mouths to feed.
Instead of being able to stay curled up in my blankets, I need a quick meal that will warm me up and let me get everything on my extensive to-do list done without having to slave over the stove. Enter my 30 Minute Baked Potato Soup, Kale and Tortellini Soup, or Slow Cooker Chicken Chili.
Knowing I was about to have an extremely busy week, and a cold week in the forecast, it was time to break out the good old Crock-Pot.
Easy Slow Cooker Chili Verde
By adding a few of my favorite pantry essentials–chicken stock, white beans, green chiles, cumin, and beer along with a pork loin to my slow cooker, dinner will be waiting for me and my family to devour when we arrive at home for the day.
And a home-cooked meal that required almost ZERO work and makes my family happy is almost as good as the fact there is only one pan to clean up!!
This Pork Chili Verde promises to be almost as comforting as pajama pants and fuzzy blankets.
A Few Notes on Easy Pork Chili Verde Recipe
- Traditionally this dish is called Chile Verde–as the “Chile” refers to the green chiles in the dish. However, I am talking about more of a traditional Chili–and therefore, calling this recipe Chili Verde was intentional on my part.
- If you don’t do pork, use boneless chicken breasts instead to make Chicken Chili Verde.
- I chose to use a lean pork loin roast, but a pork tenderloin works as well or even a small pork shoulder or butt–just increase time in slow cooker by 2 hours, as both are tough cuts of meat.
- If you would like to make this Chili in an Instant Pot, place all ingredients in Instant Pot and set to high pressure for 60 minutes.
- If you can’t find Green Salsa (or Tomatillo Salsa) just add 1 more 6 ounce can of green chiles or make your own Tomatillo Salsa Verde.
Slow Cooker Chili Verde
A simple pork chili made with green chiles and cilantro in the crock pot
Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
At the end of cooking time, remove carnita meat and shred. Return to slow cooker and heat through.
Serve with desired toppings., such as cilantro, chips, cheese, sour cream, etc.