This recipe for Air Fryer Cauliflower is one of the easiest and most delicious ways to prepare cauliflower. Seasoned to perfection and then air-fried until golden and crispy, Air Fryer Cauliflower is downright delectable.
Air Fryer Cauliflower makes a great side dish for entrees such as Homemade Rotisserie Chicken or Chicken Parmesan. Or serve as an appetizer with a side of Homemade Tartar Sauce or Homemade Ranch Dressing for dipping.
While the air fryer is known for mimicking the texture and crispiness of classically heavy fried dishes lighter, it is also perfect for roasting vegetables to golden perfection without the need for much oil.
One of my favorite vegetables to prepare in the air fryer is cauliflower.
What You Need
- Cauliflower: Purchase a head of cauliflower and cut it into florets yourself, or use a bag of cauliflower florets to save on prep time.
- Oil: You only need a tiny bit of oil when roasting cauliflower in the air fryer. You can use olive oil, avocado oil, or canola oil.
- Seasoning: You can use whatever seasoning you like for the cauliflower, and I share many options below, however, I tend to keep it simple and use garlic, paprika, and salt. If you have smoked paprika on hand, I suggest using that for incredible flavor.
- Air Fryer: This recipe will work with any air fryer you have. I personally have a basic GoWise Air Fryer that has worked well for me. You can even prepare this using the air fryer lid for the instant pot.
How to Make Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Wash the head of cauliflower and pat dry.
- Cut in half vertically and then cut around the core of the cauliflower to form florets.
- Place the florets into a large mixing bowl. Add the oil and seasonings of your choice and toss to coat.
- Spread out the seasoned cauliflower in a single layer on the basket or on the tray of your air fryer. Do not overcrowd the air fryer with cauliflower, instead work in batches to air fry the cauliflower if needed. Overcrowding the air fryer will prevent the air from evenly circulating around the cauliflower, preventing it from getting golden and crispy.
- Air fry the cauliflower at 380 degrees, tossing every 3 minutes, until browned and tender. This will take anywhere from 9 to 15 minutes depending on how crispy you are desiring your cauliflower. Keep in mind cauliflower can brown quickly, hence why it is best to check on it every few minutes.
The options for serving Air Fryer Cauliflower are endless, but I want to share with you a few of my favorite options.
- Serve as an appetizer with a side of ranch dressing or tartar sauce.
- Serve as a side dish alongside Baked Salmon or Grilled BBQ Chicken.
- Serve in homemade tortillas with a scoop of guacamole for a quick and healthy version of Cauliflower Tacos.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
In the unlikely event that there are leftovers, you can store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Reheat by air frying for 3-6 minutes, tossing every 2 minutes at 370 degrees F.
- Buffalo: Season cauliflower as directed and then toss with your favorite buffalo sauce after air frying. Serve with a side of ranch dressing or blue cheese.
- Barbecue: Prepare the cauliflower as the recipe states and then toss it with homemade barbecue sauce before serving.
- Ranch: Season cauliflower with ½ teaspoon oil and 2 teaspoons Ranch Seasoning before air frying.
- Tex Mex: Toss cauliflower with ½ teaspoon oil and 2 teaspoons Taco Seasoning or Fajita Seasoning.
- Savory Onion: Toss cauliflower with ½ teaspoon oil and 2 teaspoons Copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
- Cajun: Toss cauliflower with ½ teaspoon oil and 2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning.
More Air Fryer Favorites
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Air Fryer Squash
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
If you enjoyed this simple recipe for Air Fryer Cauliflower, I would love for you to leave a review and comment below.
Air Fryer Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower or about 3 cups of florets
- ½ teaspoon oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- If needed per your model, preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Wash the head of cauliflower and pat dry. Cut in half vertically and then cut around the core of the cauliflower to form florets.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with the oil, paprika, garlic powder, and salt until evenly coated.
- Spread the florets out in a single layer, evenly spaced out, in the basket or tray of the air fryer. Working in batches if needed, so as not to overcrowd the air fryer.
- Air fry the cauliflower, checking and tossing every 3 minutes at 380 degrees F until browned and crispy. This will take anywhere from 9-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.