Grilled Corn Salsa: Fresh corn on the cob is grilled and then tossed with jalapenos, cilantro and a sweet and spicy dressing for a perfect salsa to serve with chips, over meat, or even as a fresh summer side dish. #SundaySupper
When Sunday Supper announced the theme of “Corn” for this week, I had no choice to share with you one of my favorite side dishes of all times: Grilled Corn Salsa. It is a sweet, spicy, and full of unexpected flavor that humble corn, becomes something quite extraordinary.
Now that I think of it, it is really more a salad than a salsa. But because I originally served this dish on top of tacos and my husband couldn’t stop digging into it with corn chips, Grilled Corn Salsa it became known as.
The first step to achieving maximum flavor is to first grill fresh corn on the cob. This develops the natural sweetness of the corn, while imparting some smokiness into the dish. Once the corn is grilled, I slice it off the cob and toss with jalapeno and hot sauce for heat, honey for a touch of sweetness and garlic and salt for an extra depth of flavor. It is finished with chopped cilantro for an added depth of freshness and flavor and the dish is complete. So easy. So good. So simple.
- 4 ears of corn, husked
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Grill corn cobs for 10-15 minutes until beginning to char.
- Remove corn from grill and allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine honey, hot sauce, salt, garlic and jalapeno together.
- Slice kernels off cobs into the mixing bowl. Sitr to toss kernels in mixture.
- Add in fresh cilantro and serve. (Can be made several hours in advance and refrigerated until eating)
Regardless if you choose to serve it over chicken, on tacos, as a side dish, with chips, or hide it in the back of the fridge all for yourself, you will want to get to know this dish too. And I don’t care what you call it–salsa, salad, side dish. You have been warned–it is crazy addictive!
- Bacon and Corn Chowder by Latin Meet Lagniappe
- Cajun Baked Shrimp and Corn Dip by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Corn Tomato Tartlets by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheesy Grilled Corn Dip by Helpful Homemade
- Crab & Jalapeno Hush Puppies by Simply Healthy Family
- Grilled Corn Salsa by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Indian Cheese Corn Toast: Popular Vegetarian Recipe by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Bruschetta by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Masa Harina Pancakes by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Corn Ravioli Caprese Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Griled Corn and Avocado Salad by Garden Matter
- Grilled Tri Tip and Roasted Corn Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Corn, Edamame & Avocado Salad by Food Done Light
- Summer Vegetable Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Black Bean Corn Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornbread Waffles with Pulled Pork by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Corn Fettuccine by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fresh Corn Polenta with Summer Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta with Creamy Corn Sauce and Summer Vegetables by Delaware Girl Eats
- Polenta Stuffed Peppers by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Shrimp Corn Chowder by Feeding Big and More
- A-maize-ing Maple Cornbread by Family Around The Table
- Blueberry and Corn Skillet Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Pudding by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Corn Pudding with Jalapenos and Chiles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Addictive Corn by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Galey iyo Qumbo (Somali Corn in Coconut Sauce) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Honey Cornbread Muffins by Life Tastes Good
- Mealie Bread (South African Sweetcorn Bread) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins by The Crumby Cupcake
- Peruvian Grilled Street Corn by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Skillet Corn with Bacon by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Skillet Fried Corn by New South Charm
- Skillet Jalapeno Cornbread by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Blackberry Cornbread Buckle by Pies and Plots
- Brazilian Corn Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Easy Cornmeal Budino with Blueberry Marmellata by Cooking With Carlee
- Mais Con Hielo-Corn on Ice by Asian In America
- Margarita Popcorn by The Redhead Baker
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream by Baking Sense
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.