Mediterranean Frittata: Classic Mediterranean flavors like feta, kalamata olives, tomatoes, spinach, and oregano, are baked into an egg custard for a healthy, flavorful dish that is perfect for a family breakfast, brunch, or light dinner. #SundaySupper #glutenfree #vegetarian
You all know how much I am passionate about family meals. To me, there is nothing more satisfying then sitting down with the ones I love and showing them a bit of my love through food. And boy do I believe sitting down on a regular basis for a meal sans TV, phones, or any electronics and having good old-fashioned conversations, is key to keeping a family close.
The reality is that many families are just over-scheduled and no longer eat any meal together. Regardless of your schedule, why not set aside one meal a week and devote it to your family? That is manageable. Join me, and thousands of others, that are claiming #SundaySupper as time to enjoy a family meal together.
And to kick off my FIRST #SundaySupper post, I am sharing one of my favorite egg recipes–because this week’s Sunday Supper theme is Eggtastic Recipes. And this Mediterranean Frittata is loved by all. It is perfect for a light dinner, brunch, or Sunday morning breakfast.
I have made this frittata for years, because I love the salty olives and sharp feta paired with eggs. But I never had a “recipe.” Just a bit of this and that and done. After serving it the teachers at my childrens’ school, I have been asked several times for this recipe. So it was high time I created one to share. Good news for you is that it is simple and adaptable, making family mealtime more manageable.
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk or cream
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped kalamata olives
- ¼ cup chopped Spanish olives (not Mediterranean--but good!)
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 8 inch pie pan or quiche dish.
- Whisk up eggs and milk until well blended. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are set.
And now in prepartation for Easter, check out all these Eggtastic Recipes from some wonderful #SundaySupper Bloggers.
Appetizers & Sides
- Classic Deviled Eggs from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Classic Deviled Eggs(-alad Sandwiches) from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Easter Deviled Egg Chicks from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Momma’s Meals
- Ham and Swiss Deviled Eggs from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Hrudka – Ukrainian Egg Cheese for Easter from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeño Popper Deviled Eggs from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoky Deviled Bacon And Eggs from Taste And See
- Spicy Sriracha Deviled Eggs from An Appealing Plan
Main Dishes (Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Brinner and Dinner!)
- Achiote Pulled Pork and Black Bean Huevos Rancheros from Cooking on The Ranch
- Asparagus Sausage Skillet with Egg from Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Chilaquiles from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Baked Eggs in Cream from Tramplingrose
- Baked Scotch Eggs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Chorizo, Dubliner, and Vegetable Quiche from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Classic Egg Salad Sandwich from My Imperfect Kitchen
- Classic Shirred Eggs with Gruyere and Ham from The Weekend Gourmet
- Egg Biryani from Food Lust People Love
- Fri-Tot-Ta from Feeding Big
- Hashbrown Egg Nests from The TipToe Fairy
- Italian Style Stuffed Bread from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Jalapeño Popper Quiche from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Japanese Egg Crepes (Kinshi Tamago) from NinjaBaker.com
- Low Carb Breakfast Pizza from My Life Cookbook
- Make Ahead & Freeze Omelette Cups from Hardly A Goddess
- Mediterranean Frittata from A Mind “Full” Mom
- Mini Frittata with Asparagus and Six Italian Cheeses from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Papas con Huevos (Potato and Egg Tacos) from Kitchen Gidget
- Pasta Carbonara with Shrimp and Leeks from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Poached Eggs over Roasted Asparagus from Monica’s Table
- Potato, Egg and Cheese Scramble from And She Cooks
- Spaghetti with Fried Eggs from The Texan New Yorker
- Steak Benedict from Palatable Pastime
- Steak Omelette from From Gate to Plate
- Sun-dried Tomato and Spinach Quiche from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sunny Side Up Burger from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tex-Mex Migas from Caroline’s Cooking
- Toad in the Hole Breakfast Sandwiches from Daily Dish Recipes
- Tomato Asiago Frittata from Books n’ Cooks
- Yemeni Shakshouka (Yemeni Spiced Scrambled Eggs) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Creamy Flan from The Freshman Cook
- Creme Anglaise from The Redhead Baker
- Croquembouche from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Dark Chocolate Mousse from The Chef Next Door
- Orange Coconut Bundt Cake from Desserts Required
- Pavlova with Strawberry Curd from Love and Confections
- Pistachio Chai Baked Alaska from The Crumby Cupcake
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies from Pies and Plots
- Plus Curried Egg Salad on Toasted Naan and More Eggtastic Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.